America - The Official Thread

• Thread starter ///M-Spec
  • 38,144 comments
My understanding is that only Congress can make the final decision on their removal, but that's never going to happen, imo.
I meant recusal from a specific case rather than impeachment. I think you're right that congress can impeach, and at least for Thomas, that seems well overdue.

If only…

image001.png

convicted Don or demented Joe - best wishes America :scared:
America has a ton of problems. An insurrectionist population bent on authoritarianism, trump, thomas, alito, qualified immunity, the filibuster, gerrymandering, the electoral college, a broken 14th amendment, mass shootings, elon musk...

So many problems. Biden isn't really one of them. You might say it would be nice for Biden to have fixed all of the things, or whatever, but the filibuster up there ^ was a big stumbling block and remains so.

Last edited:
Biden might not be the greatest President, for whatever reasons, but he has absolutely been presidential.
I think about this a lot... whether someone agrees with a President's policies or not I absolutely believe the President has a responsibility to be a human being as well as a leader in order to be respected.

There is a documentary I think all Americans should watch called "The Way I See It," which is about the official White House photographer's experience during the Obama (and earlier, the Reagan) administration. It really paints a picture of what it means to be a President other than just the political work of the job itself. You don't need to be a fan of Obama to see that he was a powerful image for the country, a fantastic speaker, but also a family man with empathy and care towards others. The candid photos they share of Obama really makes me miss those days when America really felt... normal.

when America really felt... normal.
Whenever I watch something that was filmed or takes place in the 90s or the 00s (the first two decades I have memories of and can relate to) I have this sudden nostalgic feeling for normal times. September 11th was massively world changing, but even the period following that felt more normal than the post-2016 era. Bush and Obama were starkly different people, but their values were not opposing, just their politics. The 2016- era has felt like an implosion of normality and an implosion of values where everything from the right feels like a deliberate & chaotic rejection of decency & morality.

From what i've read a president can't pardon himself of state convictions (like this one) but potentially can parden himself from federal convictions (like the classified documents one will be) but even then, if he does try to pardon himself it's likely to go in front of the supreme court for them to decide.

Yea, well...Trump is actually President but he's on strike. And since only the President can fire striking federal workers, the ability to self-pardon is cancelled right out because he fired himself.

This logic is how I can get to sleep at night.

Back