Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,546 comments
Sorry to hijack, but I was wondering if there could ever be a way to alter the height and for/aft positioning of a car’s steering wheel model, in a similar way how we can alter the driver model positions?
Not by a radical amount, just by a maximum of a virtual 6-12” inches or so?
I think you ask the wrong person. I don't have any clue of car modding.

hello @Ken134 I installed the cars directly on the ac paste, and there are no sound errors!!!!
Try desinstalling the cars and dragging and dropping the folders directly on ac paste.
Hi. Yes dragged the car file from download straight into cars folder. Error occurs when dropping file into game. 😎All sorted now damaged file

Last edited:
Might not be the app causing cars to not move at start. Pretty common. Just restart the session to fix.
Yeah I know sometimes that does happen, but after 5+ restarts they still do not move, idk I may have to copy the ai INI files from a newer car (I was using the old f1 86 mod which hasn't been updated in ages).

Some screens of upcoming latest superstage's track... get ready for the best looking and most realistic rally stage in any game.

iwGiFaS.jpeg
3EEVfNq.jpeg
AeEuhhr.jpeg
WvlR7gP.jpeg

Help needed, I’m in the middle of a 1950 Grand prix F1 campaign, modified from @Cozy61 ‘50 campaign.
While trying to close another annoying app, I did made a mistake, by closing also the actual and unfinished race, and CM went to the next circuit leaving me at the last place. :banghead:
Is possible to edit this campaign mode while you are in the middle of the F1 season? Or where is the file stored to delete or restart you last accidentally closed race.

Last edited:
Nice! I advise you not to skin the mirrors: I redid them respecting the original shape more and they have a dedicated texture (larger and with the elements mapped differently). Unfortunately I had several commitments that took me away from TVR but now I'm back at work. I hope to make it by the end of May.

In any case, they are yellow, despite one of both had the DEWALT logo in them

Last edited:
Screenshot_rss_gtm_mercer_v8_fln_montreal_9-4-124-12-40-30.jpg

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know if ''FAL9000's'' Circuit Gilles Villeneuve version ever got or will get an update? Or is it just abandoned? Currently on Breathe's list it's on version 0.9, but if you download the track, in ''ui'' folder it says version 1.0.

It is a really good looking track but the road mesh has some serious issues... it's as the car is flying a couple of centimetres above the tarmac at many different parts of the track.

Or has anyone here ever made a fix for it? I would really appreciate any help. Thanks.

In any case, they are yellow, despite one of both had the DEWALT logo in them
I didn't remember the exact livery but it seemed right to tell you. If so it won't be a problem! And again, It seems to be coming along very well :D

Now they are more round and the glass is positioned correctly.

Little spoiler: there is a new GTP Box for those who can't see the motec while driving

Attachments

• Screenshot_paddock_tvr_imola_9-4-124-14-33-0.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_imola_9-4-124-14-33-0.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_imola_9-4-124-14-32-31.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_imola_9-4-124-14-32-31.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Help needed, I’m in the middle of a 1950 Grand prix F1 campaign, modified from @Cozy61 ‘50 campaign.
While trying to close another annoying app, I did made a mistake, by closing also the actual and unfinished race, and CM went to the next circuit leaving me at the last place. :banghead:
Is possible to edit this campaign mode while you are in the middle of the F1 season? Or where is the file stored to delete or restart you last accidentally closed race.
I feel your pain. I've accidently closed out a championship race a few times. ARGGh. Anyway, I tried to edit files (there are additional files created in the ACTools directory for the championship, not just the regular 2 json and image file. Anytime I tried to edit any of them, it reset the championship. Felt like an anti-cheat measure, but, god it sucks when something like accidentally exiting a race happens in the middle of a championship. Especially the really long championships.

Last edited:
Always excited for nice rally tracks - gabenhood does great work.
Sadly the tarmac versions stop loading when "analyzing AI spline" - mud versions load fine and are great fun to drive!
Correct. I didnt realize that because I only tried the "mud-version". Hopefully Gabenhood will fix that soon.

In the meantime you can use the solution by samdale12:

"Just delete the fast_lane.ai from the tarmac versions (seems like he just duplicated the ai files from the mud versions and they throw an error)."

Last edited:

I feel your pain. I've accidently closed out a championship race a few times. ARGGh. Anyway, I tried to edit files (there are additional files created in the ACTools directory for the championship, not just the regular 2 json and image file. Anytime I tried to edit any of them, it reset the championship. Felt like an anti-cheat measure, but, god it sucks when something like accidentally exiting a race happens in the middle of a championship. Especially the really long championships.
Follow this guy to modify yours already started championships.

Edit: However, for deleting the points of your last race, which you want to replay, you have to know which driver made that points and substract the corresponding figures from the general ranking in the "champs.ini" and delete the last "EVENT", and after the save you can do the last race again.
This is a little tricky because you have to figure out which Ai driver is which in that ranking, but you can do it by the points count at that time or by the original championship registration order.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
thanks but this more on how to change a track conditions or whatever, but not let me race on the track were I made the failure to close it as if I did race.
I've had this happen myself. You're after the AC folder in 'My Documents' or whatever your equivalent is, then you want \launcherdata\filestore\champs.ini. From there you can find your current championship (e.g. '[F1 1950]') and roll back the last event: subtract one from the 'EVENT' value and then delete the last 'EVENT[n]=[x]' value.

Finally, as @Valyul says, you'll need to figure out which 'AI[n]' corresponds with which driver and subtract the points they earned in the cancelled race. That should be relatively easy to do by matching the number of points displayed for each driver in CM to the .ini file.

+1 for mid-game saving, eh?

Follow this guy to modify yours already started championships.

Edit: However, for deleting the points of your last race, which you want to replay, you have to know which driver made that points and substract the corresponding figures from the general ranking in the "champs.ini" and delete the last "EVENT", and after the save you can do the last race again.
This is a little tricky because you have to figure out which Ai driver is which in that ranking, but you can do it by the points count at that time or by the original championship registration order.

Hope this helps!

I always keep fresh copy of Champs.ini file on my desktop. If something happens, I can restore to previous proper race.

Last edited:
Beaten to it - Glad you got it sorted

Last edited:
Abbeville update

Here´s a update for the nice Abbeville conversion made by thestrobe8 from the rfactor track made from julio76600.

Base fixes from myself, like new shorter track layout, making the track look more realistic ...
But I got a lot of help from good friends:
Thx @Fanapryde for inspiration, help and support, description of real life experiences, new ads skin, skin logo, corner names etc.
Thx @leBluem for new higher res skidsmarks, added dirt edge, changed cfg, renamed some objects with number in front, moved hotlap start, fixed trees/grass normals...
Thx @shi for fixing billboard mapping, reducing the yellow tint of the road surface, adding sandy area based on google map, changing spectator to camera_facing (Kniker97 texture), adding landscape in Pure settings, removing skybox...
Thx @Breathe, @Titi and some more for testing and their help by the one or other way... :)

1715272113427.png

1715272319899.png

1715272342612.png

Hope you enjoy it! :)
Download

Last edited:
Hello I have a question about race distance and time settings, I don't want to think about how many people may have asked this, but is there an app or some setting that can set a race isn't counted by laps but by time.
So if I wanted to do 6h Brands Hatch race, is it possible to set a time to 6h or something instead of calculating or using the driven distance from real life?

sorry for the misunderstanding! Of course not! I'm talking about Bruno/ACTK/EASY/whateverhisnameisactually. I'm always grateful for Breathe and the enormous job that he plays in this community
We will have to notify the hitman we hired to look for you that he no longer needs to finish the job.

Messing with Breathe and his Sacred List is a serious offense in certain circles... 🤌

Had some time left for polishing a little side project..

Legion did an initial release many moons ago, from there I started updating the physics to an initial update in 2022.

In this 2024-05 update the following is changed:
  • Updated tire model
  • Revised suspension kinematics, as close as possible to the real cars.
  • Altered sfx (stock kunos sources by lack of better 4 cylinder engines)
  • Credits to Legion for initial conversion

Note:
  • these cars run open diffs, so you need to be gentle on inputs / throttle releases
  • starting point in setup: lower braking force and move balance more forward, for less agressive weight shifts, making the car more manageable/ stable on corner entry.
this is a lot of fun, thank you! Feels very immediate and, for want of a better term, believable, almost transports me back to when I had the opportunity to do trackdays regularly.

Wanting to leave some positive feedback on this motivated me to finally register, after reading this thread for more than a year. Keep up the good work!

koenigsegg ccgt gt1

not made by me, modder unknown

you will need to turn "fake shadow fx" off otherwise you get no bodyshadow at all, CM BUG ON SOME CAR'S AFAIK.
The nissan from "the nuvolari" has the same issue.

found on actk, this is by far the best version in terms of looks with much higher poly than any other version i can find.

- copied (kind of) 3 skins from an old lower poly model and made 1 skin out of my head. There are no "real" skins to go from as this car never made it on track due to regulation changes at the last minute (4k skins only btw)

- lowered power a bit so it laps kind of the same as the other gt1's the rest of the physics are left unchanged

- 1 shader value changed

this is all i have done to the car (i think)

controller player so god knows what its like on a rig probably garbage. feels pretty good to me though, certianly no worse than what's already around (no stolen physics either from what i can see)

entire car for download if this is something that interest's you.

Screenshot (550).png

Screenshot (551).png

Screenshot (552).png

Screenshot (553).png

Last edited:
Some mad lad backup'ed all the F1 2010 and 2011 mods that were in race department but lost with the new race department download system.

And he uploaded them all now
1715291066102.png

2010 and 2011 mod will have soon an update to gather all those skins and textures (as well as some fixes for the 2010 mod, i'm aware i ****ed up the leds on some car)

Hello I have a question about race distance and time settings, I don't want to think about how many people may have asked this, but is there an app or some setting that can set a race isn't counted by laps but by time.
So if I wanted to do 6h Brands Hatch race, is it possible to set a time to 6h or something instead of calculating or using the driven distance from real life?
There isn't a way to do a proper "timed race" in AC, however, I've been using SolCalc to get it pretty close.

Sol Calc

Just fill out the calculator with all the info and use those settings in AC.

quick message cuz I'm running around; thank you guys for the tips on the champs.ini file. I'm going to try it later. If it works, it is a huge thing for me to be able to roll back a championship if I fat-finger-fubar something.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back