Differential Settings

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
First off I’d just like to say I’m not a setup abusive slur removed, iRacing iRating of 5k an understand how to set a car up, but for the life of me I cannot see what an how the differential settings seem to work in this game.

Take for example an R33 GT-R, all wheel drive with a modest 380hp an 1350kg 650pp on sport softs. Why when in say 3rd gear at 60mph in a corner the moment I go above 70%~ throttle does the arse end come out like it’s a 600hp rwd drift car? I’ve adjusted the rear differential in both extremes and seen no real difference. I thought less preload an sensitivity, would mean less of the diff distributing the power an therefore creating understeer as opposed to oversteer when applying the throttle.

Is this just the way the physics are in this game, or is there something I’m missing?

Last edited by a moderator:
The physics is still a bit off but we can try to work around them. 1: Do not make the car to stiff. After stiff comes diff; centerdiff should be set at 40/60 F/R and both accel on 55, decel F:9 R:50. Initial should be at max 10 F/R. Still loose in the rear? Try to add 50kilo in the trunk

Last edited:
First off I’d just like to say I’m not a setup abusive slur removed, iRacing iRating of 5k an understand how to set a car up, but for the life of me I cannot see what an how the differential settings seem to work in this game.

Take for example an R33 GT-R, all wheel drive with a modest 380hp an 1350kg 650pp on sport softs. Why when in say 3rd gear at 60mph in a corner the moment I go above 70%~ throttle does the arse end come out like it’s a 600hp rwd drift car? I’ve adjusted the rear differential in both extremes and seen no real difference. I thought less preload an sensitivity, would mean less of the diff distributing the power an therefore creating understeer as opposed to oversteer when applying the throttle.

Is this just the way the physics are in this game, or is there something I’m missing?
If I can remember correctly, the GT-Rs have rearward biased AWD from the factory. Hence the rear end getting loose on you under full weight transition and applying throttle. I've experienced this recently in a R33 I built for 600PP races.

The way I was able to alleviate some of it, is to make the front diff more active than the rear (e.g. increase the initial and decel values), while lowering the rear diff values (lowering accel and decel, yet leaving initial value to default). I also set up the R33 like an front-engine rear wheel drive car too.

Back