3o0hrpusbci8.jpg

Body Style:
2-door coupe
Engine: 3.6L Twin Turbo Flat-6
Power: 520-580 hp
Torque: 505 ft-lbs
Weight: 1380-1480 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Rear-engine, rear-wheel drive / all-wheel drive (optional)
Additional Information:
Back in 1987, RUF created their first production car, the CTR "Yellowbird". When it was first released, it the the fastest production car in the world, outperforming the Ferrari F40 and Porsche 959 with it's 470HP Flat 6 propelling the CTR to a top speed of 210 MPH. Then, in 1995, RUF produced the successor, called the CTR2. This new model was based on the new 993 Porsche 911 and when it was released was the 2nd fastest production car in the world, bested only by the incredible McLaren F1. The CTR2 features a 520HP Twin Turbo Flat 6 which allowed the CTR2 to hit 217 MPH, besting the Ferrari F50 and Jaguar XJ220, and being on par with the Nissan R390 GT1. The engine was later revised to produce 580HP.

In 1997, RUF produced a Pikes Peak version of the CTR2, dubbed the CTR2Sport, which featured a 700HP tuned version of the TT F6. What was particularly amazing was that this car was also road legal, being driven on actual roads to and from Pikes Peak, all while the CTR2S qualified first and finished 2nd in the actual event!​

maxresdefault.jpg
a006cf54f1fd36c13b723a6918f54a08.jpg

ruf_ctr2_11_1.jpg
1024px-1997_RUF_CTR2_-_Flickr_-_The_Car_Spy_%286%29.jpg

ruf_ctr2_7.jpeg

An formidable machine, always loved the CTR2, preferred it over the 993 on which it's based, and the pikes peak version is an awesome machine.

Sub Zero for me.

I've always liked the old 993 and it's design that seems to be a mashup of classic and modern.

Also, the CTR2 is up there in my Top 10 cars in GT6 for me due to it's sheer versatility.

That makes it very Cool in my book.

"No, it's not a Porsche."
"Because the chassis and licencing are- blah, blah, blah. Even recognised by the government- blah, blah, blah."

Still ridiculously cool though. Incredibly good looking.

"Explain to me why this not!Porsche looks so much better than any 993 other than the standard Turbo."

A more-than-acceptable alternative take on the TT with perfectly proportional styling and performance to match. A combination that the actual top-end Porsche 993s couldn't quite equal. I'd say it's enough to make the old 'body in white' arguments seem irrelevant.

Cool.

Sub zero as long as you never try to explain what it is and just let it speak for itself.

Not sub-zero, but it is a high cool. What stops it from being sub-zero is explaining to someone that it's not a Porsche.

However, while I'm talking about that. Why in the world would someone waste their time explaining to a non-car person something like that?

However, while I'm talking about that. Why in the world would someone waste their time explaining to a non-car person something like that?
Exactly. If someone says "Nice Porsche", your response should simply be "Thank you". Conversely, if someone says "Nice Ruf", then you can go in to detail as they'd actually be interested.

In my opinion, at least.

Went with Cool.

Another RUF means more explaining to people why it's not a Porsche. Also it's not as good looking as a vanilla 993 GT2.

Uncool.

Nah, don't be lazy to those who need to know and go read the last thread from a couple weeks ago as to why. On the other hand this one is actually cool even with the explanation.

Nah, don't be lazy to those who need to know and go read the last thread from a couple weeks ago as to why. On the other hand this one is actually cool even with the explanation.
I'm going to agree, despite my confusion and declaration that all Rufs are uncool in the other thread.

I would say the CTR and CTR2 are cool Rufs. The CTR2, like the car before it, broke records and was built just to go fast. Even more badass, but somehow even more silly looking is the CTR2sport, which is extremely cool because it was built to break Pike's Peak hillclimb records which you could even drive on the road legally. Sub-Zero.

CTR21.jpg

I don't like RUF and I usually rate them below or Uncool, but this on is different. One of the few good looking RUFs. And with that, I think it's cool.

One of the coolest RUFs out there. But IMO I'd always wish it was a 993 RS or GT2, hence only cool.

Back