Has anyone noticed Ray Tracing issue on PS5, GT7 while in GT Auto

• Thread starter GMW
  • 8 comments

GMW

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
GMW
This is on the PS5. I noticed that the cars seem less details when I have Ray Tracing on while in GT Auto (also to some extent in Scapes). When I switched to priority Framerate the image was much clearer, though of course without ray tracing.

Top photo is with Ray Tracing and bottom without it.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220313184454.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220313184643.jpg

This is a close up on the rims and it has happens with other cars, wheels etc. I zoomed into it so you can see the fuzziness when Ray Tracing is on. Does anyone else have this issue? Am I missing a setting? I'm using a PS5 with HDR on.

(Ray Tracing on)
Gran Turismo™ 8.jpg

Priority Framerate (NO ray tracing)
Gran Turismo™ 9.jpg

Thats because the RT reflections are lower quality and resolution in real time scenes compared to the cubemap reflections in none RT mode.
Gran-Turismo-7-20220310005304.png

I think they should drop RT from menus, as things like wheels look awful. It works well in replays and scapes, but anywhere else, I'm highly unimpressed. Horizon 5 does RT in Forzavista to a much better standard.

VXR
I think they should drop RT from menus, as things like wheels look awful. It works well in replays and scapes, but anywhere else, I'm highly unimpressed. Horizon 5 does RT in Forzavista to a much better standard.
Yeah, its low resolution and has too much artifacts that makes everything look blurry and grainy. The cubemaps look much much better and cleaner which makes the image quality more stable.

It also makes wheels in scapes blurry, kinda annoying tbh

Exactly. I wonder why... So disableing RT will solve it? Does game look much worse withoout RT (gameplay and replay)? Any chance to disable RT only for scapes photos?

Weird that these low quality RT thing is still in the game as it looks really awful. Should be easy to deactivate it in GT Auto.

Back