Is there any actual way of turning on/off the headlights?

Romania
Romania
I usually don't play Online Racing as I don't have PSN Plus, but I like playing offline races. I like to do time trials with my Ferrari F40 and I want to know if there is an actual way of turning the headlights on/off.

I didn't modify any controls, and if there is a way to edit the controls to make a specific button have this funcion, I want to know what that function's name is.

Thank you for helping.

As far as I'm aware, there is no way to turn off the lights completely.

There are options to change from low beams to high beams and back, to flash your high beams, use left and right turns signal and put on the hazard lights.

More options would be better, especially a button/function to turn off and on the safety cars lights.

I mean, we have had safety cars for ages and we still can't turn off the flashers and lightbar, but we can put hazard lights on and off.

How hard can it be to make them work correctly?

I usually don't play Online Racing as I don't have PSN Plus, but I like playing offline races. I like to do time trials with my Ferrari F40 and I want to know if there is an actual way of turning the headlights on/off.

I didn't modify any controls, and if there is a way to edit the controls to make a specific button have this funcion, I want to know what that function's name is.

Thank you for helping.

With L3 you can blink with headlights and toggle high/lov beam and you can edit the buttons:
(I had to edit myself, looks like we can't turn the lights off :embarrassed:.)

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180605155411.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180605155422.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180605155434.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180605155448.jpg

Last edited:
I think PD should make it so that we have function button that brings up an onscreen menu, and in that menu you can freely assign different (light) functions to use. A bit like the MFD.

But they should still keep the individual buttons for all the functions that could be put on the menu aswell, that way you would have a direct button for example high beam flash and a menu hidden button for say turn signals, hazard lights or maybe even wipers.

Hey @IngRobNy in your last picture, just stroll down to N/A to turn it off, is that right.

I don't know, I think it just remove the function from L3 so you can't blink with your headlights or switch between low/high beam.

We can choose between Flash Lights, Toggle High/Low Beam and Flash and Toggle High/Low Beam, that's all we can do with the lights.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180605161807.jpg

I will put it on Toggle High/Low Beam, because sometimes I press a bit hard when I turn the car with L3 and I flash the lighs and it is a bit annoying :embarrassed: :lol:.

Last edited:
I don't know, I think it just remove the function from L3 so you can't blink with your headlights or switch between low/high beam.
There is only one way to find out, by doing it and see what happens to that function.

There is only one way to find out, by doing it and see what happens to that function.
I tried now, on Nürburgring 24h and Suzuka in daytime, the light is on, even with N/A enabled, the only thing that changed was I can't flash my lights or choose high/low beam.

I tried now, on Nürburgring 24h and Suzuka in daytime, the light is on, even with N/A enabled, the only thing that changed was I can't flash my lights or choose high/low beam.
Perhaps it might be a safety thing and that why the headlights are on when driving.

Thanks for helping. Well, at this rate, I guess they should add thus feature in future updates.

I mean, I once played with my Ferrari F40 in a time trial at Le Mans on sunny day the the headlights were on

Thanks for helping. Well, at this rate, I guess they should add thus feature in future updates.

I mean, I once played with my Ferrari F40 in a time trial at Le Mans on sunny day the the headlights were on
During the Le Mans 24 hr race (and during all practice and qualifying sessions before the actual race), all cars have to have their headlights on AT ALL TIMES for safety reasons. Prototypes have white lights, GTE cars have yellow lights, so drivers can see at all times whether a car approaching behind is a quick LMP or a somewhat slower GTE.

Latest Posts

Back