Opposite ends of the spectrum.

• Thread starter Numbrsix
  • 12 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Yesterday for the first time in a very long time I tried the online component on the PlayStation 5 version of ACC.

I did so after a number of frustrating online races in GT7 , In GT I had no issues getting into a lobby and finding fully populated races where as in ACC I had to rummage amongst the servers for ages to find a race which consisted of more than 2 drivers.

The end result being while gt7 has a massive player base (ACC seems to be almost Dead online) the race in GT 7 was an appalling mess, littered with imbeciles who did nothing more than scupper everyone's race by refusing to brake in the corners and deliberately smashing into them, it didn't matter which server I went into in gt7 it was always the same idiotic result.

In contrast in ACC once I managed to find a race with other people to actually race against it was a world apart ,decent people who played the game in the way it was intended for ,who knew how to race and were both respectful but hard opponents to race against and it was an absolute blast.

There was none of the horrible lagging of cars that GT 7 shows, ACC was Buttery smooth with no janky or horrible glitching that seems to be evident in every race in gt7.

It seems such a shame that this game has been allowed to stagnate / suffocate to the point where its now almost impossible to find people to race against and yet the other game which is a travesty of an online racing game thrives, even with the alleged new updates we are to receive from the developers I'm saddened that this is probably far too little too late to save what clearly could have been a very good online racing community had it had the chance to grow.

Such a waste.

Let's hope when the 1.8 update comes it gets a new lease of life in multiplayer when hopefully more PS5s are in peoples homes too. Kunos really need to do some events for console too which would give them a reason to promote multiplayer as well. Bit rubbish that only PC players get to have events. Also on GT7 I'm only really finding 2 players in a sever.

Why does everyone bang on about PS5, it's not the be all and end all. ACC is fine on Xbox Series X / S as well you know

Why does everyone bang on about PS5, it's not the be all and end all. ACC is fine on Xbox Series X / S as well you know

I also have it on the series x and I can confirm that for some reason it runs better/smoother on the PS5 than the SX so much so that I now use the PlayStation version over the SX, makes little sense as without doubt the SX has the edge power wise but coding favours PS5, the difference is marked.

We're lucky in a sense to have such a sophisticated sim for consoles. Kunos tout that the console market is a significant portion of their sales so maybe other developers on the hardcore sim spectrum will be encouraged to consider us in the near future.

To your point... I'll usually find races with 8-10 other drivers on Series X but you have to dip into the server list to pick those sessions out as they are few and far between. Don't be hesitant of going into a lobby with just 1 or 2 other drivers though; it has been my experience that more will join further into FP or qualifying before the race is underway.

Let's hope when the 1.8 update comes it gets a new lease of life in multiplayer when hopefully more PS5s are in peoples homes too. Kunos really need to do some events for console too which would give them a reason to promote multiplayer as well. Bit rubbish that only PC players get to have events. Also on GT7 I'm only really finding 2 players in a sever.
Forget all hope, Next Gen version is mounted on the D3T ldt base by a little studio,experts in VR indie games called untold games.
The game on next Gen would have to been realeased on 1.8 sincerely..

But came out with little things fixed, but more bugs and issues..

Kunos only cares about PC version, it's more than clear after 2 years that they don't care about console version and community, so don't expect oficial SRO esports on console version neither (competizione servers on console aren't even working correctly and with CP rating broken since old Gen console realese)

Since last update, in online of ACC things like that happens; (seems to be related to custom livery)

Still people can't connect online since next Gen launch either..

For me in a very worse shape than GT7 that at least every month try to improve,fix and add things...I have my console wired to the router and no issues with GT7.. ACC is an other story.

Really sad and a shame that such potential game on console lacks support from their creators, lacks support from the console Dev team and that it's still a bugged mess mounted on a abandoned bugged base of the old Gen consoles...not even offering crossplay as other games like GT7 or wreckfest for example

Last edited:
Forget all hope, Next Gen version is mounted on the D3T ldt base by a little studio,experts in VR indie games called untold games.
The game on next Gen would have to been realeased on 1.8 sincerely..

But came out with little things fixed, but more bugs and issues..

Kunos only cares about PC version, it's more than clear after 2 years that they don't care about console version and community, so don't expect oficial SRO esports on console version neither (competizione servers on console aren't even working correctly and with CP rating broken since old Gen console realese)

Since last update, in online of ACC things like that happens; (seems to be related to custom livery)

Still people can't connect online since next Gen launch either..

For me in a very worse shape than GT7 that at least every month try to improve,fix and add things...I have my console wired to the router and no issues with GT7.. ACC is an other story.

Really sad and a shame that such potential game on console lacks support from their creators, lacks support from the console Dev team and that it's still a bugged mess mounted on a abandoned bugged base of the old Gen consoles...not even offering crossplay as other games like GT7 or wreckfest for example

I've not tried online due to all the issues related to it but Christ alive if that video is representative of the current state then this game is ****ed.

We seem to have traded one average developer with another bargain basement equivalent who seem to apply only the least amount of effort , just enough to meet contractual obligations, what really fries my nuts is the total lack of contact or acknowledgement of the issues, seems all of ours voices are lost in a vacuum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yikes, that's terrible. Never had such a low FPS (even prior to playing on Series X). From what I've read / watched, the PS5 version is the more optimized of the next console versions... I wonder what's causing this for you.

Yikes, that's terrible. Never had such a low FPS (even prior to playing on Series X). From what I've read / watched, the PS5 version is the more optimized of the next console versions... I wonder what's causing this for you.
Several persons got this FPS dips in-game online, now I've read on the support forum that online isn't available since already 2 days on ACC, the video isn't mine, it's From a tread in the support forum talking about FPS issues in online, seems to be caused due cars with custom livery since last update.

Yeah,PS5 version seems to be better optimized than for Xbox series...and it's isn't the only game btw, but that's an other story.

Since next Gen launch they broken also the track ambience sounds like the ontrack speakers..

Interesting to read this, my experience with GT7 vs ACC (on PS5) is somewhat the opposite of the OP

I only play Sport mode in GT7, and I guess the ghosting helps, but don't have have too terrible an experience when it comes to the races. With that said, I find the general lobbies of GT7 to be a really bad multiplayer experience, both by availability of races, and the quality of the racing.

In ACC I am not finding it hard to find full races; the problem is the intentional ruining going on by others. Bit of a double edged sword as I want to progress further but it's difficult when you get penalised for other bad drivers crashing into you on purpose

Last edited:
Interesting to read this, my experience with GT7 vs ACC (on PS5) is somewhat the opposite of the OP

I only play Sport mode in GT7, and I guess the ghosting helps, but don't have have too terrible an experience when it comes to the races. With that said, I find the general lobbies of GT7 to be a really bad multiplayer experience, both by availability of races, and the quality of the racing.

In ACC I am not finding it hard to find full races; the problem is the intentional ruining going on by others. Bit of a double edged sword as I want to progress further but it's difficult when you get penalised for other bad drivers crashing into you on purpose
Best thing to do is find a racing club were bad drivers get banned. the beauty of this is you get the best of both worlds i.e. casual clean racers and competitive clean racers to race with.

Back