Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 132,588 comments
I want to reorganize my track and car tags. Any notepad++ users who I can ask for a question about removing all specific TAGs from cars and tracks? As I have lots of tags that are frequently showing up, while I do not use them, like the tags with the modders name, RWD, FWD, historic, vintage, circuit etc. Did try an attempt but without results, so I guess I do something wrong.
:gtpflag:
Following the instructions in this thread,

1. Open Notepad++
2. Select Find in Files tab and enter the following...
a. Find what: "tags":.+?],
b. Replace with: "tags": "",
FOR CARS
c. Filters: *ui_car.json
d. Directory: C:\STEAM\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars
FOR TRACKS
c. Filters: *ui_track.json
d. Directory: C:\STEAM\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks
3. In Search Mode select 'Regular expression' and 'matches newline'
4. Check the boxes for 'In all sub-folders', 'Transparency' and 'On losing focus'
5. Finally, click the 'Replace in Files' button

I successfully removed all the tag I wanted in one shot.

Last edited:
Following the instructions in this thread,

1. Open Notepad++
2. Select Find in Files tab and enter the following...
a. Find what: "tags":.+?],
b. Replace with: "tags": "",
FOR CARS
c. Filters: *ui_car.json
d. Directory: C:\STEAM\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars
FOR TRACKS
c. Filters: *ui_track.json
d. Directory: C:\STEAM\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks
3. In Search Mode select 'Regular expression' and 'matches newline'
4. Check the boxes for 'In all sub-folders', 'Transparency' and 'On losing focus'
5. Finally, click the 'Replace in Files' button

I successfully removed all the tag I wanted in one shot.
That's for removing all tags. I suppose Vintagedriver wants to remove only some specific tags.

In this case you have to replace them one by one changing "a" with

a. Find what: "tag_to_remove,"

Replace tag_to_remove and remember that in "find what" you have to write also the quotes and comma.

Last edited:
That's for removing all tags. I suppose Vintagedriver wants to remove only some specific tags.

In this case you have to replace them one by one changing "a" with

a. Find what: "tag_to_remove,"

Replace tag_to_remove and remember that in "find what" you have to write also the quotes and comma.
You are right, btw as a sample I want to remove RWD
FIND WHAT: "tags": RWD,
REPLACE WITH: "tags": "",
Is this the right way?

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Then it is related to some other setting. I can just recommend you reset your CSP completelly:
Goto /Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/ rename the "extension" folder to something different. Restart CM. It will create a new "extension" folder. You can restore it later.
If this solves it, just go to the backup folder and copy the single CSP inis back and you see which one causes the error. Then you could have a look inside the ini and try to remove the single entries and you have the setting which causes it
I tried doing this but it unfortunately stiil happens, I think it's something with the recent CSP previews that causes this because in the previews prior to the last two ones this doesn't happen, I'll just stick with the 0.2.1p2 as it's the one that doesn't give me problems.

If they are part of the "picture", you can just extract the texture, modify it to remove that part and replace the texture in the skin folder with CM.
Any decent photo editing software should help you do it easily, no need for photoshop.
THANKS A LOT . The result was better than I expected

Attachments

• Adsız1.png
    Adsız1.png
    206.2 KB · Views: 4
Has anyone ever made python based F1 vintage leaderboards for the 80's, 90's and 2000's?

There are like 100 different modern leaderboards / overlays but not a single one for the classic F1. Weird.

I like the 2022 leaderboard because it's not SimHub based.

ItzbriD.png

I have the BBC based one but that requires SimHub for the early 80's and it's a bit buggy.

Z6ls3gW.png

Last edited:
maybe this one?

Yes I have that. That is Simhub based and is buggy. Whenever the ai car makes the fastest lap the time is always player's best lap time. And it's way too wide, works only with that particular angle. But thanks. That is exactly what I have in mind. Something like that but more functional.

Last edited:
@jac0 did you choose the tarmac stage on croatia? ..there is tarmac physics.
please choose stage 1 to test gravel.
i will remove the tarmac stages in next update.
indeed on stage 1 I have correct (mud) sounds instead of tarmac sound... I must have used stage2 before ... Thx!

@RMi_wood , can you pls schedule an update for DiRT3 - Finland Trail Blazer, to have correct sound (gives tarmac sounds instead of mud/gravel sounds when tires screech this is very immersion breaking) Thanks already a million! :bowdown:

indeed on stage 1 I have correct (mud) sounds instead of tarmac sound... I must have used stage2 before ... Thx!

@RMi_wood , can you pls schedule an update for DiRT3 - Finland Trail Blazer, to have correct sound (gives tarmac sounds instead of mud/gravel sounds when tires screech this is very immersion breaking) Thanks already a million! :bowdown:
yea.. i just discovered several RMi rally gravel tracks with tarmac physics.

thank you RMi for all the rally tracks !!! now they are 200% more useful than before. :lol:

Has anyone ever made python based F1 vintage leaderboards for the 80's, 90's and 2000's?

There are like 100 different modern leaderboards / overlays but not a single one for the classic F1. Weird.

ItzbriD.png

I have the BBC based one but that requires SimHub for the early 80's and it's a bit buggy.

Z6ls3gW.png
Closest I've seen is a modern version that dealt with the different years. Used to work well but seems to not work with the latest Simhub and I see its been deleted off Overtake.

Substandings is great and can be configured a number of different ways - https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/substanding-extended.51973/

Otherwise ACTV is great too -- https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/actv.7889/

But no, nothing of classic F1 except what bosko_SRB mentioned already, at least that I know of.

Imola 2024 beta version

rj_imola_2024

This is a standalone version of Fenryr's Imola 2024 track. It will come up as Imola Circuit 2024 in your track list. It was a request from a member that i'm working on while I recover. It is unfinished, but far enough along that I think some people might still get some use out of it. Basically all I did was restore the tree textures from the original Kunos version of Imola, changed the grass texture setup and improved the ai a bit. There's also a bunch of smaller changes in there that you may notice. I wouldn't suggest driving the track at night yet because i'm not a night light expert and they don't seem to work right. For some reason they are turned off until your car gets close to an area with lights and then they just turn on out of nowhere. Not sure what I did wrong.

There are three grass track skins you can use if you want. One will make all of the grass more saturated. This can be used in combination with the other two. The other two will make the outer grass areas either greener or more burnt out looking.

View attachment 1355996
I tried it with the new ai on racedepartment, love it thank you !

Awesome! But what's changed/different from the other versions out there?
The name 'Azure Circuit' makes me hope that this somehow is an AMS2 conversion, and not Codies' legacy ACU F1xx track. Which base is this from, as I'm always looking for better versions of Monaco.
I'm wondering the exact same!! Why should we switch to this one??
Trying a lap, feeling the feedback, obversing the swimming pool, you will get the differences.

Hi folks how do i remove the square box with the LCS data displayed when LCS is enabled ?
Not at my sim rig at the moment, so this is the best desciption I can give right now:

You having to deselect 'developer mode' in the CSP WeatherFX section. It's right next to the tick-box where you switch LCS on. With LCS selected but developed mode off, LCS is is left on, but you can no longer switch it on and off with the space bar while in a driving session.

Last edited:
What do you guys do for LODs, particularly from Blender models? Simplygon is out of my price range currently. I'm trying the LOD Maker plugin which works OK but doesnt alway reduce the kn5 size a lot, even after removing additional objects, like maybe 40% on a 85mb file.

Also in general how many lods should be made? Seems to vary between 1 and 3.

D.Oxton-Puke-82.jpg
__custom_showroom_1716263375.jpg

Thanks to Legion & @lorelord for the Ralt RT3.
I had a little play with a NZ Formula Atlantic skin. Sure it should be on a Ralt RT4, but we dont have that model, so the RT3 will do.
This is by no means perfect, or even a good attempt, but it's an attempt.

Ive attached the skin if anyone wants it.
Heck I even put it into a folder inside the zip archive to appease the lazy ones... but don't expect it to be CM drag n drop compatible, you will need to extract it to the cars folder within the content folder... but it should go into the correct skin folder.

Attachments

• David Oxton Ralt RT3.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

I will try to have a look after a few days (going to Stockholm for work until Friday)

note: it would be great if you could point out where you hear the skids, even better i you use Object Inspector and note the MESH names, cheers.

Last edited:

ItzbriD.png

Z6ls3gW.png
Closest I've seen is a modern version that dealt with the different years. Used to work well but seems to not work with the latest Simhub and I see its been deleted off Overtake.

Substandings is great and can be configured a number of different ways - https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/substanding-extended.51973/

Otherwise ACTV is great too -- https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/actv.7889/

But no, nothing of classic F1 except what bosko_SRB mentioned already, at least that I know of.

Unfortunately this meets neither criteria (it is SimHub based, and is still 'modern' - But I modified an existing leaderboard last year that is 2023 based, but includes older cars and teams.

Not sure when I'll get around to updating for the 2024 season (probably once there's an RSS 2024 mod + SPMod and RTT finish releasing all their 2024 cars)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back