Best stock cars currently available?

• Thread starter Oj1982
  • 41 comments
I don't know if this question could be any more vague than it already is. Best in terms of what? Best is subjective. Best for what purpose? How? What are you trying to do?

Tomahawk X.
Me reading this comment about the Tomahawk being the best stock car while driving the Tomahawk on the Tokyo Espressway;

andrew wenger dancing GIF by Houston Dynamo

I don't know if this question could be any more vague than it already is. Best in terms of what? Best is subjective. Best for what purpose? How? What are you trying to do?
Come on guys you know what I mean?! Best handling cars that drive according to what you would expect. (Without tuning)

Come on guys you know what I mean?! Best handling cars that drive according to what you would expect. (Without tuning)

Amg gt black is decent.

Hopefully you'll get some other suggestions, I'm interested too. Seems a reasonable, straightforward question tbh.

The Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.4 race car handles nicely and can be depowered to fit 600LP.
The Porsche 911 991 RSR '17 handles well and can be depowered to 700LP.
For some of the 'chase the rabbit' races a detuned stock race car might be easier than using a stock street car -- the street cars need more care and are more easily upset due to springier suspension and tires not fit for the power output of a 600-700LP street car. For example the Ferrari F8 Tributo looks like a great car for 700LP races but it is way more trickier to get the power down as the SM tires easily spin out if you are to fast on the throttle and the car is easily upset in and out of corners due to springy stock suspension.

Last edited:
Bro, I don't know what cars you bought or not. And just because you don't have it doesn't mean that others who bought it won't benefit from the information
Best stock cars currently available, Mac F1 isnt available.

You even said in your post "was available at the legendary dealership about a week or so ago".

So again, thread title, Best stock cars currently available, not a car from last week. Also, who is living under a rock that doesn't know the Mac F1 isnt a great stock car? LOL :dunce:

Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE. The only "tuning" it really needs is brake pads, rotors, a stickier tire, and the fully adjustable manual transmission (the gearing can be too tall for some tracks).

Radical on SM -- not perfect, but slick little car that bits back if you're unaware.
Gr4 Cayman on RH -- solid traction, very neutral, but will push and rotate, depending on your inputs...composed car that begs to be thrashed.
OG Mini on SH -- wonderfully composed on/over the limit. A perfect novice car...simple LSD tweaks produced all kinds of joyful results. A great car to learn how to keep momentum and the optimal racing line.
Gr4 M4 on RH -- snappy, but if you've got cool hands/feet, then the speed of this things will beat anything in it's class. ideal car to learn throttle control and subtle steering.
Gr3 Alfa 4C on RH -- balanced, yet pointy with good traction on both axles. One of the benign MR cars and a perfect intro to MR dynamics.

The "Best" is very subjective.

What are you going to do?
Drift, keep it stock or light mods for photos, endurance racing, championship racing, credit grinding, having a fun race?

There are some cars in the game that you may use for 1 event only and never use it again.
Such as the BAC Mono for that 1 endurance race.
The MX-5 Touring race is fun, you might be able to use that car in other events, but its low on power.

The Suzuki Swift Sport Gr4 with a medium turbo is great for the WTC700 at Circuit De La Sarthe.
Unless you do a bone headed move like not pit for wets.
A win is nearly 100% so long as you keep the fuel map on 5 and when pitting add enough to finish the race based on time remaining/ 4.25min per lap = laps of fuel to add,
Only weakness is it being FF and getting understeer when cornering and accelerating out of corners.

If you want a bit more of a challenge for that event.
The Alpha 4C Gr4 with a large turbo.
The car needs some work to deal with lift-off oversteer, a win is doable but you will need to use fuel map 6 the whole time as well as short shifting and lift & coast,
Even though your in Fuel Map 6, the car can hit 280km/h.

The GTO Twin Turbo '91 is decent and can do the Kyoto 1hr Endurance.

Not a definitive list. But for pure driving enjoyment some of my recent favourites are:

Honda Civic EK Touring Car
Mitsubishi Evo 6 TME
Subaru Impreza 22B
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 LE
Alpine A110
Porsche 356 Speedster
Toyota GR010
Porsche 962C
Nissan R92 CP
Super Formula

Last edited:

Latest Posts