Getting FC tomorow... Anything I need to know before the buy?

• Thread starter Kryz11
  • 51 comments

Kryz11

We are all one mind.
Premium
NoxNoctisUmbra
Hey everyone.. I see that I can get this game Brand new at local store for $40 USD.. Cheap.. Been thinking about getting it much erier, but I got GTR Evolution instead.... And withing short period of time GTR EVO got boring really fast.

So is there anything I need to know to STOP or HURRY me up for getting this game? Does the game have good updates? And how is the online play? Does it play well with the Dual Shock? Or G25 (clutch support)?

What else is there to know..

Well with GTR Evo, seem the game has no SOUL.. and that's why I always go back to Gran Turismo 5 P.. each car seems different and always want me to play more and more.. Does FC feels the same as GT5P does?

Ok, it's hard to do a "pros" and "cons" list, but here goes:

Pros:

1 - Physics and wheel feedback.

2 - Sixaxis-friendly (you can be among the fastest with it, but you'll lose half the fun this game can give you).

3 - The tracks

4 - The cars (but they're just 23, not the 50 the box says)

5 - Private lobbies

6 - Sound (inboard, in some cars, is just amazing)

7 - Offline play (Challenges, Trophies, Arcade, Time Trials, you'll spend more time offline than you think, and it's not to unlock cars/tracks, it's because the offline racing is great)

Cons :

1 - Graphics (they're nice, but not on par with GT)

2 - Surrounding sound (when other cars are close, you hear their engine louder than your own and that's disturbing)

3 - One-make races ONLY

4 - Online lobby stability (sometimes a real problem, lobbies with more than 6 players are risky)

5 - online lag (when other cars are close their image and sound becomes unstable)

Anyway, in my oppinion, the "Pros" clearly outweight the "Cons", so I definitely recommend you to buy it.

23 cars not 50? Hmm so the rest 27 cars are just different variants?

Oh and does the game gets good updates? Like the company does care about what people think? lol

How is the AI? Is it like GT5P? GTR EVO? Or FM2? ( I hope it's not like in FM2 when they touch you and you spin out.. ) lol

I'll be picking it up first thing as they open the store at 10AM :)

Hello mate, i will be brutally honest here. There are no updates on the way and the team has not made us aware of any to come. Any that do come will be a surprise to us.

Also, there is not 50 cars at all. Never mind variants.

BUT the cars in the game are more than enough because they are all so damn different and fun to drive so dont get hooked on the number. Also updates are not really necessary. The game is fine as it is after the first update installs. You wont regret buying it. First thing is complete the challenges. That way you will learn the tracks and unlock all cars. Second thing is meet us online.

There really is not alot of cons to FC IMHO.

While I really enjoy the game offline,the online is a little troublesome. It struggles when cars are close together and sounds a little rough. Dont think im trashing the game, quite the contrary.The offline portion of the game will keep you busy for quite some time to go through all the challenges,trophy events and the arcade. There is a rather large online following on this forum that really do quite well with it. The physics are VERY different than GT but not in a bad way.Once you understand how the wieght transfer of the cars react you will really enjoy it. And the AI cars can be VERY challenging,they react sometimes just like an online opponent.

Get the game, you will not regret it.

Also, the track selection ain't to shabby either. Spa, Paul Ricard, a poop load of Italian courses, plus a few interesting courses from the US of A.

23 cars not 50? Hmm so the rest 27 cars are just different variants?

Oh and does the game gets good updates? Like the company does care about what people think? lol

How is the AI? Is it like GT5P? GTR EVO? Or FM2? ( I hope it's not like in FM2 when they touch you and you spin out.. ) lol

I'll be picking it up first thing as they open the store at 10AM :)

1) There's a bunch of the F430 Challenge variants. All the cars on the website are in the game, though. Believe me, it's enough variation and they all act differently.

2) I think I actually read here that they have given up on the DLC. There was a patch that added/fixed some stuff, but nothing big.

3) The AI is pretty good. Cars seem to accurately block and they will defend their corner lines like there is no tomorrow. I find myself swapping paint with them all the time in some places.

All I can say is: give it some time. I was severely put off when I first fired up the game back in September, but when I rebought it a few weeks ago, I fell in love with it again. It feels like a true racing sim, kind of like GTR 2 on a console.

oi
Did not get it today...
But tomorrow

Because my Down of War II should be available, so I just did not feel like driving there twice ;)

My game keeps crashing. Ps3 just shuts off no warning. No other gsames does this including playing Far Cry 2 for 6 straight hours. FC crashed 3 times on me 4mins 6 mins and 10 mins in.

oi.. anyone else having the troubles? I don't want a game to kill my PS3. So maybe a rent first? Hmm..

I had FC freeze up on me the first time I played it after I rebought it earlier this month, but after a little restart of the console, it was fine. I've had it with other games, too, so it's nothing to worry about with FC.

I have the UK 60 gig and FC has regularly froze my PS3 but ONLY when quiting back to the XMB from a lobby where the host has left, if I first go back to the main menu in FC then quit out to the XMB it's fine. The freeze is simply a black screen which I have to hard shutdown to get rid off, dosn't happen with any other game and I put it down to a bug in FC's lobby system rather than anything sinister. Oh and it dosn't happen every time as I tried to recreate it when it first happened to pinpoit the problem, I'd say 1/10times it will happen.

Oh well as long it wont kill my 160 GB PS3.

Yeah I got it today. 40 dollars.. good deal and its brand new.. I like the official Ferrari approval sticker. hah

Have not try it out yet.. I just came from school, I feel bit too tired to start it up. So I will play tomorrow.

Really excited about waking up early!

Hopefully see you guys then..

Oh are server dedicated? Lobbies? Private races? And is it region free? I can play with EURO or JP ?

If you guys know a good server.. let me know ;)

Ok guys I am going by your reviews on Pro's and Con's with FC and normally I rent a game before buying it. Seeing that there are quite a few "Players" in this forum I ordered my copy for $19.99 (sorry NoxNoctis Umbra)!

Ok guys I am going by your reviews on Pro's and Con's with FC and normally I rent a game before buying it. Seeing that there are quite a few "Players" in this forum I ordered my copy for $19.99 (sorry NoxNoctis Umbra)!

where did you order it..i have a pal copy of fc but i can buy an US version for the new patch and 599 sure..

OK I try the game for about half an hour.
Yeah Graphics.. terrible on eyes.. hard to see the corners coming up.. seems in cockpit view frames drop a bit.. again bad for the eyes..

heh

Anyways!

So far, I only driven it for 30 min, both the PAD and G25.. the feedback seems really odd.. its nothing like PC sim racing games, it's nothing like GT5P, I just need to get use to it.. As well do you guys notice a lot of.. how you call it, dead space with the wheel? Like when I drive in straight line.. I move wheel bit to left or right.. the steering is just too light and it does not really affect the car within these millimeters and after that dead space the feedback kicks in so its really annoing .. so more getting use to

Physics.. they pretty good, no complains there. AI is really good, sometimes they are in your way bit too much, but you need to battle it out ehh?

Umm what else..

So far just mixed feelings.. new game, different physics.. just need time to get use to each track, memorize the turns, braking points, etc. so that I can win 1st place heh. So far I am happy with it. I just need to give it bit more time, getting use to everything.

Did you download the latest patch? I thought you guys in the NTSC world had the wheel "deadzone" issue solved ... anyway, even in PAL world, the deadzone will be reduced to a minimum if you set (Options) the FFB Strengh to "High".

If you have a G25, I definitely recomend you to play the game with it and leave the pad. It's more difficult, but much more rewarding. And one other thing, before trying a good score at the tutorial, get yourself used to the physics and steering feel at Monza. The tutorial is in Fiorano, a very technical and narrow track, good for "refining" your driving, but a bit too hard (IMO) to be a "start-track".

The sole NTSC patch does not completely eliminate the dead-zone so it is something you'll have to put up with. The game should have prompted you to download the patch automatically. If you put the FFB on high and steering sensitivity on medium or high, it's less noticeable but still evident.

You're right about the game feeling different. But stick with it, keep playing and give it a chance. Stay at it for at least a week and I guarantee you'll slowly come to appreciate things that you didn't initially notice.

Latest Posts

Back