How I USED to make 5,000,000 credits/hour through Custom Races... using a Fiat. But not anymore.

Nerfing the payouts for oval races wasn't required. It's a reason why they "fixed" it.
It didn't help that IGN talked about the exploit in their Spec II overview video. Sure, so did plenty of other people on YouTube, but IGN gets lots more eyeballs.

Is the Honda Beat the best car for the Daytona grind?
I tried the Mazda Atenza, and got 322,950 for a 13 lap race, and it took me 11:04.931.

I reckon with a proper tune, better use of nitrous and slipstream, many will get 1.6 million (or more) an hour. Assuming 1 minute to cycle through the menus to restart.

My crippled Atenza goes down to 199.76 pp, and fully tuned it reaches 580.04pp
I'm no tuner, so those who can improve the set up of the car will probably find a faster tune.

Last edited:
Is the Honda Beat the best car for the Daytona grind?
I tried the Mazda Atenza, and got 322,950 for a 13 lap race, and it took me 11:04.931.

I reckon with a proper tune, better use of nitrous and slipstream, many will get 1.6 million (or more) an hour. Assuming 1 minute to cycle through the menus to restart.

My crippled Atenza goes down to 199.76 pp, and fully tuned it reaches 580.04pp
I'm no tuner, so those who can improve the set up of the car will probably find a faster tune.
Hey mate,

sounds good. Is this without an engine swap? I still have some time to go until I reach collector's level 50.

Hey mate,

sounds good. Is this without an engine swap? I still have some time to go until I reach collector's level 50.
No, I only used removable upgrades, so that the crippled version could go below the important 200pp barrier to unlock the higher payouts. I found the Atenza to drive quite nicely at 580pp - but as I'm not very good at tuning, there is almost certainly a better set up available, to bring the race time down even further.

Edit 1. I think that 1.78 million per hour is just about achievable.
Adjusted the fast tune to the Atenza: Nitrous set to 58%, downforce 5/50, Transmission to 340 kph.
A 12-lap race, with nitrous on throughout, and using slipstream during the first few laps, can be completed in 9:46. This pays out 298,000 credits. If you can cycle through the menus in 16 seconds, then after 6 races, your credits will increase by 1.788 million. In about an hour. My fastest lap was 48.045 (with slipstream), and I was lapping around about 48.3-48.4

No idea how this compares to other methods, just thought I'd share what I've tried.

Edit 2. Tried with downforce at 0/50, transmission set to 350kph, and nitrous to 59% - and managed to bring the race time down to 9:39. Fastest lap 47.371 with most other laps completed in the 47.6 - 47.7. The last lap was slower, as the nitrous ran out towards the end of the last lap. I'm pretty sure that 1.788 million per hour is fairly easily achievable.

I haven't tried to tune the suspension, to see if this will make a difference. I use fewer laps than others to maximise the use of nitrous, and cause I'd get bored.

Last edited:
No, I only used removable upgrades, so that the crippled version could go below the important 200pp barrier to unlock the higher payouts. I found the Atenza to drive quite nicely at 580pp - but as I'm not very good at tuning, there is almost certainly a better set up available, to bring the race time down even further.

Edit 1. I think that 1.78 million per hour is just about achievable.
Adjusted the fast tune to the Atenza: Nitrous set to 58%, downforce 5/50, Transmission to 340 kph.
A 12-lap race, with nitrous on throughout, and using slipstream during the first few laps, can be completed in 9:46. This pays out 298,000 credits. If you can cycle through the menus in 16 seconds, then after 6 races, your credits will increase by 1.788 million. In about an hour. My fastest lap was 48.045 (with slipstream), and I was lapping around about 48.3-48.4

No idea how this compares to other methods, just thought I'd share what I've tried.

Edit 2. Tried with downforce at 0/50, transmission set to 350kph, and nitrous to 59% - and managed to bring the race time down to 9:39. Fastest lap 47.371 with most other laps completed in the 47.6 - 47.7. The last lap was slower, as the nitrous ran out towards the end of the last lap. I'm pretty sure that 1.788 million per hour is fairly easily achievable.

I haven't tried to tune the suspension, to see if this will make a difference. I use fewer laps than others to maximise the use of nitrous, and cause I'd get bored.
Would this be possible to turn this into a fully afk script?

So I've been using the Beat for quite a long time and I've definitely noticed the performance drop as oil/body/engine wear down. Would it be possible to use the performance drop to our advantage? If it could drop the Pp of a car below 200 or 300pp that would be beneficial

So I've been using the Beat for quite a long time and I've definitely noticed the performance drop as oil/body/engine wear down. Would it be possible to use the performance drop to our advantage? If it could drop the Pp of a car below 200 or 300pp that would be beneficial
You can avoid the performance drop by going back into settings sheet before exiting the event. The car will have as much mileage as before you begun your farming session.

As for the reduction in PP, my Beat is barely under 300 so I don't think even an totally burned oil would lower enough. But that may be a trick for some other car closer to 200PP

I am pretty sure that fully automating anything other than an oval race where you gently steer into to the wall all the time to make sure that you don't go off track is extremely hard.

You would need to be at the bleeding edge of computer vision to make this happen. You would need to actually make a fully functioning Gran Turismo bot that can actually race. And all that while all the information about the state of the track, car and other cars that is available to you is the ones you can see and has to be interpreted by a computer vision algorithm. Then once you have tackled this monumental task you need to actually build a racing bot that makes use of this information and translates it into throttle, brake and steering inputs. Probably by means of some very sophisticated neural network trained over insane amounts of computer time which will cost you a fortune.

You essentially recreate Sophy but without getting any information about the state of the race directly from the game itself but only from the screen. And without the benefit of directly using the Gran Turismo game engine directly to train your neural network but by either finding a way to emulate the game on a PC or building some weird contraption that physically interacts with the Dualsense or wheel. To make this in anyway doable in a human time frame you need hundreds of these setups.

If anyone has read till here: sorry for the rambling. There is probably a more efficient way to achieve it even without direct access to the internal workings of the game. But it will be still be an endeavor on an industrial scale.

Last edited:
All good, it was my misunderstanding I thought that was for the daytona race haha.

I spent all my 100mil + I had and I don't want to start selling cars for the McLaren F1 that I want to buy before it's gone. I'm just being cheap and lazy and greedy lol. My Fanatec base is broken and I've been going back and forth with Fanatec over small, bs details and they are taking forever to reply, I feel like they are buying time. So it would force me to grind with my controller and I hate using the controller on GT7.

Cheers and happy Holidays

You can avoid the performance drop by going back into settings sheet before exiting the event. The car will have as much mileage as before you begun your farming session.

As for the reduction in PP, my Beat is barely under 300 so I don't think even an totally burned oil would lower enough. But that may be a trick for some other car closer to 200PP
I've been looking into cars that are near 200pp when stock but the amount of cars that can be tuned to be fast is hard to find.

I've been looking into cars that are near 200pp when stock but the amount of cars that can be tuned to be fast is hard to find.
I've got a Mazda Atenza to below 200pp, and around 580pp when fully tuned using only removable upgrades

Worn oil and body impacts PP? I've seen a drop in HP from worn oil, but I've never paid enough attention to see the PP go down.
I want to say the PP in my Honda Beat drops since the horsepower is down by a good 20. Well I hope so anyways

I could only get it down to 201.xx. Must be something I'm missing.
I did manage to get it under 200PP but it is slower than my Beat so even if it may get a better reward by being under 200PP tuned down, the time lost does not make for the little credit gain.

Last edited:
I could only get it down to 201.xx. Must be something I'm missing.
Full aero fitted - front, side and type A wing. Downforce down to 100 / 150
CH / CM tyres.
Normal suspension
Fully Customisable Diff and torque vectoring fitted
Fully customisable ECU - 70%
Ballast 200kg, at -34
Power restrictor - 70%
Close ratio Gearbox - Low
and everything else is normal.

I get 199.76pp
Mime has a wide body, and wheels set to fill the wheel arches - but I don't know if this makes a difference

I did manage to get it under 200PP but it is slower than my Beat so even if it may get a better reward by being under 200PP tuned down, the time lost does not make for the little credit gain.

Yeah I concluded the same thing. I found several sub-200 candidates, but none of them were fast enough in tuned form to make it worthwhile vs. the Beat.

Full aero fitted - front, side and type A wing. Downforce down to 100 / 150
CH / CM tyres.
Normal suspension
Fully Customisable Diff and torque vectoring fitted
Fully customisable ECU - 70%
Ballast 200kg, at -34
Power restrictor - 70%
Close ratio Gearbox - Low
and everything else is normal.

I get 199.76pp
Mime has a wide body, and wheels set to fill the wheel arches - but I don't know if this makes a difference
That works! That aero package and ballast placement was the holdup.

Yes. You need full gold to get the maximum bonus.
I need to check that !
[Edit]Indeed ! My first sector was silver and my full lap was bronze. Now I can get 511k Cr. with 24 laps instead of 506k with 27 laps. It is a marginal gain but... (and I received 800k for golding this CE, plus 37k for my first sector too).

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back