NHL: 2018-2019 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 189 comments
The Dallas Stars ended Nashville's season. "Smashville" is done as Dallas won their series against the Predators 4-2. The Western Conference Semifinals has one round set now- Dallas Stars vs. St. Louis Blues. It's also currently the only 2nd Round series set as of now.

The San José/Vegas series is tied 3-3. The Boston/Toronto series is tied 3-3. The Washington/Carolina series is tied 3-3. Two of these three 3-3 series will come to an end tonight: Toronto at Boston and Vegas at San José. The winner of BOS/TOR will get CBJ in the Eastern Conference Semifinals. The winner of the SJ/VGK series will get Colorado in the Western Conference Semifinals.

Enjoy some hockey if you'll be watching tonight.

Winning Game 7 in Toronto at Boston was the Boston Bruins, by a score of 5-1. Toronto fails to reach the Conference Semifinals. So the Maple Leafs are DONE. All the playoff Canadian teams are DONE. Boston will meet the Columbus Blue Jackets in the Eastern Conference Semifinals.

Vegas had a good lead on San José, but the San José Sharks will advance to the 2nd Round after a wicked rally and some severe penalties by Vegas. The Vegas Golden Knights were an insane story last season when they made it all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals in their inaugural season. The following season... DONE. The Sharks, meanwhile, will meet the Colorado Avalanche in the Western Conference Semifinals.

The only slot yet to be decided is between Washington and Carolina. The winner of this series will get the New York Islanders in the Eastern Conference Semifinals. Maybe it's true- there's nothing like Playoff hockey.

That Major in the 3rd really did change the course of the Vegas/San Jose game. The Sharks went from being in dire straights (down 4-0) to tying the game during the major before winning it in OT.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with the Caps losing tonight, it's the first time all the regular season division leaders are knocked out in the first round.

Second round looks awfully interesting. :D

So the Washington Capitals are DONE? Well... we're going to have a new champion since the defending champions got blown away by the Carolina Hurricanes. Regulation didn't solve anything, so Overtime was needed. In fact, TWO were needed for the 'Canes to defeat the defending champions. Carolina... meet your next opponent- the New York Islanders.

Get ready for the 2nd Round, NHL fans! Conference Semifinals!

Here are your Conference Semifinal matches in the 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs:

EASTERN CONFERENCE:
* BOS Bruins vs. CBJ Blue Jackets
* NYI Islanders vs. CAR Hurricanes

WESTERN CONFERENCE:
* STL Blues vs. DAL Stars
* SJ Sharks vs. COL Avalanche

Games to be played tonight:
* COL Blue Jackets at BOS Bruins
* DAL Stars at STL Blues

Good luck to all remaining playoff teams.

The quest for Lord Stanley's cup continues with Conference Semifinal matches. Two matches in the Conference Semis were played out, and currently with 1-0 leads in the series are STL (def. DAL) and BOS (def. CBJ). Tonight is the Carolina Hurricanes at the New York Islanders and the Colorado Avalanche at the San José Sharks.

Enjoy some playoff hockey this weekend, GTPlanet!

Sad news in the NHL... Red Kelly has died at the age of 91. He played 20 seasons in the NHL with Detroit and Toronto. He also has won the Stanley Cup 8 times in his career. My condolences go out to all who have known and loved him.

Here is how the Conference Semifinals are like heading into tonight:

--- EASTERN CONFERENCE ---
* BOS vs. CBJ: CBJ currently ahead 2-1
* NYI vs. CAR: CAR currently ahead 3-0

--- WESTERN CONFERENCE ---
* STL vs. DAL: tied at 2-2
* SJ vs. COL: SJ currently ahead 2-1

Can you imagine if all four Wild Card teams (CBJ, CAR, DAL, and COL) all advance into the Conference Finals? We already had no Division winners advance. Now imagine if all four Wild Card teams advanced. The NHL Playoffs are probably the most insane playoffs among the four major American sports.

Tonight's games:
* BOS Bruins at CBJ Blue Jackets (CBJ leads series 2-1)
* SJ Sharks at COL Avalanche (SJ leads series 2-1)

Enjoy some hockey tonight!

The New York Islanders are DONE, and in a sweep. For the first time in franchise history, the Carolina Hurricanes swept an opponent in a best-of-7 series. They now return to the Stanley Cup semifinals for the first time since 2009. So the Islanders will have to try again next season to have a chance to play for Lord Stanley's cup. The Hurricanes will meet the series winner of BOS-CBJ. Carolina won 5-2 tonight over the New York Islanders in Raleigh, NC, USA.

So far, only one slot has been determined for the Stanley Cup Semifinals, and that is the Carolina Hurricanes. Two more slots may be determined tonight with two series currently at 3-2. Boston is at Columbus tonight with BOS leading the series 3-2. San José is at Colorado tonight with SJ leading their series 3-2. Yesterday, the St. Louis Blues forced a Game 7 to be played tomorrow night in St. Louis between themselves and the Dallas Stars.

If Boston and/or San José win their respective games tonight, we will have more Conference Final representatives moving one series closer to playing in the Stanley Cup Finals. Or, we could just have a couple of extra Game 7's to decide whose title hopes remain for the Stanley Cup this season.

Best of luck to all remaining Playoff teams.

The Columbus Blue Jackets are DONE. So we have our Eastern Conference Final- Boston vs. Carolina. The series winner plays for Lord Stanley's Cup; the loser of this series will have their 2018-2019 season come to an end. CBJ lost tonight 3-0 in Columbus to Boston.

As of right now, the San José Sharks at Colorado Avalanche is currently 1-0 in favor of Colorado. If Colorado wins tonight, we'll have a Game 7 in San José.

Congratulations to the Columbus Blue Jackets on a great season. Unfortunately for them, it's over.

Ken Holland took the job as GM of the Oilers. I wish him the best there and thank him for his years running the Red Wings.

It took Double Overtime to settle the Game 7 between the Blues and Stars, but the St. Louis Blues knocked out the Dallas Stars in St. Louis to advance to the Western Conference Finals of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. STL won 2-1 to win the series. St. Louis will get the winner of tonight's Game 7 of the Colorado Avalanche at the San José Sharks.

Our Stanley Cup semifinals will be determined after tonight. So enjoy tonight's game if you'll be watching!

Four teams are in the Conference Finals, but only two can play for Lord Stanley's Cup. Here are your Conference Final matches:

* STL Blues vs. SJ Sharks
* BOS Bruins vs. CAR Hurricanes

As of right now, the Boston Bruins are already up 1-0 in their series. Tonight is St. Louis at San José. Neither the Blues or Sharks have ever won the Stanley Cup. So the West will have another potential first-time Stanley Cup championship opportunity. Carolina won the Stanley Cup only once (2006). Boston been around, especially as the only Original Six team remaining in this postseason. Six also happens to be how many Stanley Cup championship reigns they've had in their history.

So we're going to have one of the following Stanley Cup Finals for the 2018-2019 season:
* STL vs. BOS
* STL vs. CAR
* SJ vs. BOS
* SJ vs. CAR

To be honest, I don't know what my Stanley Cup Final would be based on these matches. The only thing I would probably predict is that Boston is a huge favorite to make the Finals. So if you forced me to pick a Stanley Cup Final, I'd probably choose St. Louis vs. Boston. But as we all know in hockey, ANYTHING can happen.

Enjoy tonight's action, NHL fans!

So far, the St. Louis Blues and San José Sharks are tied at 1-1 in the Western Conference Finals in the 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs. The Boston Bruins are currently ahead 2-0 over the Carolina Hurricanes in the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The only game on tonight involves Boston at Carolina. Carolina better take these two games at home if they want to make this a closer series than what it is turning out to be.

I've started to follow more closely the NHL playoffs just to understand a little bit better UrinatingTree's Conglaturation videos... They are just too good right now :lol:

And as a bonus, they are fun to watch, so it's a Win-Win situation for me xD

Well, not-so-fun times are in Raliegh as the Carolina Hurricanes are now down 3-0 in their series with the Boston Bruins after last night. The only hope for 'Canes fans is that reverse sweeps have happened in the NHL. Most recently was when the Los Angeles Kings were down 3-0 to the San José Sharks in a series in 2014 but came back to win that series. That's the only hope I can give Carolina fans; but otherwise, Boston is just too good.

After two games in the Shark Tank, tonight sees the San José Sharks meet the St. Louis Blues in St. Louis. This series is tied 1-1. So this is Game 3 of this best-of-7 series. If Boston sweeps Carolina, the winner of SJ-STL will a bit beaten up heading into the Stanley Cup Finals.

Keep enjoying that Playoff hockey!

We have some controversy from last night. I saw most of the third period of the Sharks at Blues game last night. There was a no-call involving a hand pass that led to the Sharks defeating the Blues last night in St. Louis. San José won 5-4 last night in Overtime to take a 2-1 series lead.

We also have Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals. If the Boston Bruins win tonight at the Carolina Hurricanes, they will advance to the Stanley Cup Final, sweeping the Hurricanes.

If you will be watching tonight's ECF action, enjoy tonight's game!

The Boston Bruins won tonight at the Carolina Hurricanes 4-0... which unfortunately is also how much the Bruins took this series. So half of the 2018-2019 Stanley Cup Final is set. The winner of the SJ-STL series will get the Boston Bruins in the quest for the Stanley Cup. But yeah- the Carolina Hurricanes are DONE.

I'm ecstatic. Probably won't get much sleep tonight. Let's go Blues!!!

#PlayGloria

20190521_220057.jpg

I knew a fellow GTPlaneteer would be smiling huge over the news I will share in this post. That said...

The St. Louis Blues made the San José Sharks' season sleep with the fishes. The Sharkies are DONE after failing 5-1 at the Blues. To paraphrase Bill Goldberg, "Boston Bruins... you're next!" St. Louis has a chance to win their first-ever Stanley Cup. To do so, though, they'll need to get through the ballin' Boston Bruins.

It's that time, GTPlanet. Time to tell it- will it be the Bruins or the Blues who will win the Stanley Cup this season? Also (optional) in how many games?

The Stanley Cup Finals will begin on Memorial Day (this Monday) in Boston. Boston and St. Louis last clashed in the Stanley Cup Finals back in 1970. Remember that St. Louis has NEVER won the Stanley Cup. So this could be a chance for the Blues to take down the formidable Boston Bruins. We'll see what happens starting this Monday between Boston and St. Louis.

It is being reported that the Minnesota Wild have signed Mike Modano as an executive advisor to the franchise. Modano did most of his damage with the team formerly known as the Minnesota North Stars (now the Dallas Stars). So I am a bit unsure about this hire for the Wild.

No NHL action happens until Memorial Day with the Stanley Cup Finals series. So I figured I'd share this post. I was wondering the status of the forthcoming Seattle NHL team. The Seattle NHL team has no nickname at present. As of late, Seattle's new arena is under construction. It has no real name right now besides "New Arena." I surely will be interested in seeing a Seattle-Vancouver rivalry for when Seattle's new team hits the ice for the first time. What would be crazy is if this Seattle team has a maiden season much like the Vegas Golden Knights had with their maiden season.

If you ask me, I'm proud for the city of Seattle to get themselves an NHL team in today's NHL. I personally want to see Seattle have their first NHL team in a while as well as bring back the NBA to Seattle. About the latter, I may pop into the NBA thread to discuss something I read in a semi-random Google search regarding the future of the NBA in Seattle.

Happy Memorial Day!

There were 31 teams who all wanted to play to become champions of the NHL. Sixteen of those 31 teams succeeded. Those 16 teams were whittled down considerably. That even included none of the Division leaders even advancing to the 2nd Round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, especially the Tampa Bay Lightning putting their awesome regular season work to waste by getting swept in the 1st Round. Now... we are down to two of the best (or two of the luckiest) teams to compete for Lord Stanley's beautiful cup.

Tonight, the Boston Bruins and St. Louis Blues are four wins away from being able to hoist the Stanley Cup. Will an Original Six team like Boston win yet another Stanley Cup in their history? Or will St. Louis finally win their first-ever Stanley Cup? The action begins tonight in Boston.

Good luck to both BOS and STL tonight and in this entire series.

The St. Louis Blues were sitting pretty scoring two goals in Boston against the Bruins. The Bruins, however, scored four unanswered goals to win Game 1 by a score of 4-2 back on Monday. Tonight is Game 2 in the Stanley Cup Finals in Boston. The Blues want revenge and hope they don't have themselves a 2-0 deficit once the series shifts to St. Louis.

The game will be on NBCSN tonight at 8:00 PM EDT. So be sure to check out the action tonight on that channel if you'll be watching. Good luck to both Boston and St. Louis tonight.

After two games in Boston, Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals shifts the series to St. Louis. Both teams each have one win. The Blues won the most recent match to bring the series to 1-1. Who will take Game 3? We'll find out tonight!

Man. St. Louis got destroyed last night by Boston. 7-2 destroyed. It is now a 2-1 lead for Boston after the series was tied 1-1 after Game 2 in Boston. St. Louis won their (I couldn't believe this) first ever Stanley Cup Finals game with Game 2. And in their first Stanley Cup Final game in St. Louis since May 5, 1970; the Blues got absolutely WHACKED.

Game 4 of BOS-STL is on Monday in St. Louis.

After getting stymied by the Boston Bruins in Game 3, the St. Louis Blues look to take this series to a potential Game 6 with a victory tonight. Or... the Boston Bruins can assure this could be a five-game series with a win tonight to go up 3-1 and one step closer to hoisting the Stanley Cup for the seventh(?)-ever time in franchise history. We'll see how St. Louis fares tonight at home against a very powerful Boston bruins bunch.

Enjoy tonight's game should you be following!

Latest Posts

Back