TB's Taco, aka Vader

• Thread starter TB
  • 105 comments
Ah, well I hope you enjoy it plenty. As I understand it though, if you're an audiophile the JBL is known to be a bit more difficult to upgrade if you had plans to do that. If not then you're all set, of course.
What I'm noticing with the audio is it really depends on the source. My go-to radio station sounds pretty bad. The same station is a substation of another but in HD. The difference is amazing. One has me wanting to rip all the speakers out, the other sounds great.

Two more things done tonight.

Back seat cover so the dogs don't destroy the leather:

20200608_195842.jpg

Vent visors, which my wife says officially makes me an old man. For $13 I couldn't say no.

20200608_212244.jpg

TB
Two more things done tonight.

Back seat cover so the dogs don't destroy the leather:

View attachment 928543

Vent visors, which my wife says officially makes me an old man. For $13 I couldn't say no.

View attachment 928544
My buddy has them on his Taco and I noticed a huge difference. Cab just feels cooler inside here in AZ.

IMG_20200613_184803.jpg

His is a 2016 TRD Sport, and it's kinda famous on Tacomaworld. His audio build is stickied in the Audio section and it sounds fantastic inside.

My buddy has them on his Taco and I noticed a huge difference. Cab just feels cooler inside here in AZ.

View attachment 930825

His is a 2016 TRD Sport, and it's kinda famous on Tacomaworld. His audio build is stickied in the Audio section and it sounds fantastic inside.
Kind of funny liking your post over there and telling you that here. :lol:

It was 93F today. I had the windows cracked and it actually wasn't bad in the cab. Surprisingly, I didn't even turn the air on for the drive home.

TB
Kind of funny liking your post over there and telling you that here. :lol:

It was 93F today. I had the windows cracked and it actually wasn't bad in the cab. Surprisingly, I didn't even turn the air on for the drive home.
Wait, you found me on Tacoworld?

So you did!

20 mpg?!? I'm impressed. I only got that when I had highway tires and was driving like a grandma. When I sold my truck I was averaging about 15mpg and getting 13-14mpg pretty frequently.

20 mpg?!? I'm impressed. I only got that when I had highway tires and was driving like a grandma. When I sold my truck I was averaging about 15mpg and getting 13-14mpg pretty frequently.
A lot of that is highway (60mph) to and from work. It typically says that trip is in the 20-23mpg. Just to make sure you don't forget you're driving a brick, I had a wicked head wind a few days ago and got 14. Which maybe still isn't so bad. :lol:

All I see is the name of a JPG file... the attach didn't seem to work.

I rather thought by now you'd know how to post a picture here... :lol:

NVM, a refresh of the page fixed it. Stupid computers...

Last edited:
TB
I'm gonna go with a no on that.

I did know that!
Has the idea of lipstick been discussed yet?

I do like the small lights on the grille. How effective are they in illuminating directly in front of the car?

Has the idea of lipstick been discussed yet?
Doesn't ring a bell.
I do like the small lights on the grille. How effective are they in illuminating directly in front of the car?
I can't say that they add a noticeable amount of light, but the people in front of me at a stop light might say otherwise. :P

Really they're just for looks. I've wanted to do them for a while and figured 33% off on a Amazon deal was as good a time as any. :D

Coming close to a year with truck! How is it doing these days/this winter?

Coming close to a year with truck! How is it doing these days/this winter?
I'm closing in on 5,000 miles and just had the 12 month Toyota Care (tire rotation and oil change) done last weekend. It's performing beautifully and I don't foresee that not continuing.

The only major(ish) thing I wasn't expecting is just how tail happy an unloaded truck is when it's slippery out. There have been a couple of pucker moments but you learn quickly when they're likely to happen and a quick turn of the 4WD button solves that problem.

I'd say I wish there would have been more snow* so I could see how it handles some deep stuff but screw that. I hate shoveling more. :lol:

*which means we're probably about to get absolutely DUMPED on

TB
I'm closing in on 5,000 miles and just had the 12 month Toyota Care (tire rotation and oil change) done last weekend. It's performing beautifully and I don't foresee that not continuing.

The only major(ish) thing I wasn't expecting is just how tail happy an unloaded truck is when it's slippery out. There have been a couple of pucker moments but you learn quickly when they're likely to happen and a quick turn of the 4WD button solves that problem.

I'd say I wish there would have been more snow* so I could see how it handles some deep stuff but screw that. I hate shoveling more. :lol:

*which means we're probably about to get absolutely DUMPED on
I used to have 1998 Mazda B2500 SE 2.5l 5 Speed. If you aren't familiar, Ford Ranger. I put a couple stacks of shingles in the bed of my truck every winter. :lol:

(GET A SNOWBLOWER)

I used to have 1998 Mazda B2500 SE 2.5l 5 Speed. If you aren't familiar, Ford Ranger. I put a couple stacks of shingles in the bed of my truck every winter. :lol:
I've considered a couple of sandbags but really haven't felt it's necessary. Its easier to just toss it in 4.
(GET A SNOWBLOWER)
I have one. Which I haven't even needed to put gas in yet this year.

Which means I've just screwed myself again. :lol:
Or someone to plow. So worth it.
I have a hard time paying for something I am capable of doing on my own. Even if I don't enjoy doing it.
Wish we got Tacos here.
They're not exactly the same but it's comparable to the Hilyx.

Back