Which of the tracks in GT3 really do exist?

• Thread starter Balthazza
  • 331 comments
Originally posted by Taowulf
Nice find, Alpha. I live near Seattle and am pretty familiar with the area around the stadium, which is known as Pioneer Square (near the start/finsih line) and the Sodo (stadiums and south) and everything is pretty close to the way it was prior to the construction of the new Seahawks stadium. Ever since I started playing GT3 a couple of years ago, everytime i drive down there, I want to run the course from GT3. ;)

Of course, the one-ways make that difficult. And the fact that the box corners in front of the Kingdome are now impossible considering that the new Convention Center sits where that lot used to be. However, the trains tracks do run across Royal Brougham Way, just like in the game.

I am bored today. Here are the driving directions for the Seattle track. Reverse for Seattle II.

Start line - Alaskan Way S. at around S. Jackson St.
Hairpin turns back onto the Southbound side of Alaskan Way S. around the area of Spring St.
Route backtracks parallel until it reaches Yesler and takes a left. The next turn is a slight left onto James St. for the uphill section ( don't forget to brake hard at 4th Ave!) and then a right on 5th Ave.
5th Ave takes a slight right hand jog at Yesler way and then We turn right onto S. Washington Street.
From there, we take an easier right hander onto what is referred to as "Bus Ln" which I believe is off limits to normal traffic.
Or at least it is now.
Bus Lane then takes us back to Yesler Way again where we turn left, and left again to get onto the 2nd Avenue Extension S.
As we reach that gentle right hander, the road becomes 4th Ave S.
We stay on 4th Ave S until we get to S. Royal Brougham which is the road between Safco Field and the Old Kingdome.
As I mentioned in my previous post, the box corners in front of the old Kingdome are now where the Seahawks Exhibition Center is, so we will have to use our imagination.
After the R - L - L - R of what I call the box corners, we are back on Royal Brougham for a little speed across 1st Ave S and then into the sharp right hander to the Southbound side of Alaskan Way S.
Finally, we have the L and R of the chicane onto Northbound Alaskan Way S and it is nothing but speed speed speed until you reach S. Jackson St. and the finish line.

Pit lane is on the Southbound side of Alaskan Way S and is underneath the Alaskan Way Viaduct AKA Hwy99 AKA Aurora Ave.

I pretty much believe that SS Route 5 and SS Route 11 are within Tokyo itself.

Remember that they were included in GT1 in 1998, at a time when PD didn't have the huge financial possibilities they have now : most of their locations were thus probably based in their close neighborhood.

Then take a look at the following link :
http://www.newton.hm/Tokyo.htm

The ferris wheel with the two chimneys, the highway system... That looks like the SS Route 11 we know.

Take then http://images.google.com and search for 'odaiba port'.You'll find some austrian model pictures.
Couldn't the suspending road in the foreground, between the buildings be the pit straight, with the ferris wheel in the background...

I'll try and get some more pieces of evidence.

Here are some pictures of Odaiba (Tokyo).

The ferris wheel :
A-TO08-06.GIF

The Rainbow bridge by night :
RAINBOWBRIDGE.GIF

(In the game, there is such a bridge in the landscape in the first curve (right hand and downhill)

All the scenery looks very familar to me,highway 99,the new baseball stadium,and the port of Seattle.The next time I am in South Seattle,I can take pictures and provide a link for all to see. I swear that this one building when you're going uphill in foward direction right as you take a hard right has a resemblence to the King County Jail lol.

Originally posted by Apex Kev
All the scenery looks very familar to me,highway 99,the new baseball stadium,and the port of Seattle.The next time I am in South Seattle,I can take pictures and provide a link for all to see. I swear that this one building when you're going uphill in foward direction right as you take a hard right has a resemblence to the King County Jail lol.

That would be just about right, Apex Kev, as the King County jail is just in the area of Yesler and 4th or 5th.

Originally posted by Drive the mini
What do you think would be the coolest fake track, to make into a real one? I have always loved complex strings.

good question. i suppose that deep forest raceway would be cool. or maybe some of the rally ones, like swiss alps or tahiti circuit/maze. I think complex string would be cool but the center or it might be too far away from spectators. I agree with someone else on this thread that apricot hill and trial mountain should be made as well. just a thought...

Originally posted by ceiling_fan
i suppose that deep forest raceway would be cool. or maybe some of the rally ones, like swiss alps or tahiti circuit/maze.

The two Tahiti courses [sort of] do exist.

Cheers,

MasterGT

Originally posted by Taowulf
Why do you miss them? Have they gone somewhere?

In the first GT in arcade mode, Trial mountain had pretty large jumps on the backstretch. But in Sim mode they were taken out. Those jumps were bad ass:cool:.

There is no way that Grindlewald circuit can be in Switzerland as the government banned all forms of motorsport in the country after the Le Mans disater involving Mercedes at the start/finish straight in 1955!! The only circuit there is bremgarten circiut at berne and that was last used in 1953 for a local event!!

I thought it was quite interesting how someone mentioned that they were concerned of the sign textures in GT3. Me, being from Seattle, have looked around the Seattle track signs, and every road sign says "Madison Ave", which, the real street isn't actually located in the actual Seattle track, but more north into downtown.

Originally posted by bondy_1625
fuji speedway...
fisco.gif

ssr11....
specialstageroute11.jpg

ssr5.....
specialstageroute5.jpg

hmmm some similarities between the fuji and ssr5 like the little chicane at the end/beginning
Have you ever seen the high speed ring from GT1? the similarites amaze me, and that was and is my fav track of all time.

High Speed Ring (GT1 & 2) has the same shape as Fuji Speedway, but that's the only common point.
SSR 11 is highly probably inspired by a place in Tokyo called Odaiba : the suspended highway, the bridge, the ferris wheel... There are some pictures earlier in this thread that make it obvious.

Have you guys ever seen the space needle on the Seattle track. As you come out of the corner at the end of the hill with all the jumps look back and you'll see the space needle. If you don't see it then. Drive the track backwards and once you are heading down that straight in to the top og the hill, you'll see it.That almost definetely comfirms the track being in seattle. Not that I doubted andyone elses info. Great work guys and I think that Fuji looks very similar to High Speed Ring in GT1 and GT2.

Originally posted by Mclarens Main Man
Have you guys ever seen the space needle on the Seattle track. As you come out of the corner at the end of the hill with all the jumps look back and you'll see the space needle.

One of the first things I saw on the Seattle Circuit is the Space Needle when looking back after exiting the Blind corner or driving on the reverse seattle circuit and driving to the blind corner.

ive been in that really tall white hotel at the hairpin end of tokyo r246!!

i checked in for one night without realising it but finishing breakfast in one of the higher floors (at least 30th) the next morning, i was waiting for the elevator in front of this giant window and i turned to look out...what the??...is that the scei building i just saw there...that big road looks familiar...holy tokyo r246!!!!

i think i took some pictures and i remember seeing a yellow lambo diablo running across below (not really on the track) but maybe that reminded me of gt3.

after breakfast i took this bus which went reverse the way of the track up until the double left hand turn (of the reverse track) and that was the last i saw of it cos i never found the place again later that day...

you guys need to find out the real hong kong gt4 track! ive been to rome & colosseum but didnt think for once at the time it was real!!!!! been to hk too and recognise some of it already!!!

Hong Kong has already been mapped.
I don't have the link handy, but someone will.

Cheers,

MasterGT

Woah this is some impressive shat!!!!:eek: You guys need to be assistants to the moderaters or something of the like.Ok, that's an exageration, but still a great effort was involved in this.

if anyone has ever seen the show Inuyasha, the end credits from the first season look alot like SSR11. I mean Kagome is actually on the faris wheel, and it's all light up.

Back