2016 Australian General Discussion

• Thread starter joshmuggo
  • 364 comments
I went to the Melbourne event on Sunday and used a controller instead of a wheel and pedals because I am in a wheelchair. Anyway, I managed to set a best time of 1:28.671 - I'm told that's pretty quick for a controller, so I'm happy. Couldn't have gone much quicker really...

That's pretty damn good dude! Did you compare them to other times? Must've been up there with the top guys surely!

Edit: top guys using controllers

Last edited:
Just posted a low 1:20xx
In comparison to GTS would this be up the top

Attachments

• Snapchat-4480590411387656719.jpg
    Snapchat-4480590411387656719.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 42
Just posted a low 1:20xx
In comparison to GTS would this be up the top

Got the PB down to a 1:19:4xx!!

I think the main problem for most is being able to do close to their PB inside 4 laps. I think my two cents would be for people to practice jumping in at random times and trying to get close to your pb inside 4 laps.

Edit: Just re-read your question, my apologies I thought you said that your time would've been up the top in GTS. Tbh we have no idea how the top times compare as of yet, however going by what LeGeNd said you are definitely on the pace! Both LeGeNd and serpent agreed that the physics didn't change much so take what you will out of that.

Best thing to do is to turn up to the events. The best thing if you live in Sydney or Brisbane is that they are over two or more days now so theres plenty of chance for improvement!

20160817_184034.jpg

Last edited:
Got the PB down to a 1:19:4xx!!

I think the main problem for most is being able to do close to their PB inside 4 laps. I think my two cents would be for people to practice jumping in at random times and trying to get close to your pb inside 4 laps.

Edit: Just re-read your question, my apologies I thought you said that your time would've been up the top in GTS. Tbh we have no idea how the top times compare as of yet, however going by what LeGeNd said you are definitely on the pace! Both LeGeNd and serpent agreed that the physics didn't change much so take what you will out of that.

Best thing to do is to turn up to the events. The best thing if you live in Sydney or Brisbane is that they are over two or more days now so theres plenty of chance for improvement!

View attachment 577040

Set in arcade mode or online lobby?

In Time Trials, however I made sure to try and stay as unassisted as possible, with only ABS turned onto 1. Is there a big difference between TT and Open Lobby?

If you want to be even closer to the GTS physics, I recommend turning off ABS and setting the brake balance rear biased (5 7 would do the trick). The GTS build had a lot of lift off oversteer.

Also set your steering options to CSS 3, FFT 5, FFS 8. And yes limit yourself to 4 lap sessions at a time to make it even closer to the real thing.

If you want to be even closer to the GTS physics, I recommend turning off ABS and setting the brake balance rear biased (5 7 would do the trick). The GTS build had a lot of lift off oversteer.

Also set your steering options to CSS 3, FFT 5, FFS 8. And yes limit yourself to 4 lap sessions at a time to make it even closer to the real thing.

I just realised that when I posted the 1:19:4xx time I hadn't realised I accidentally got the engine rebuilt from a long time previously!! So that lap was invalidated immediately. Have since just sold and bought it again and done nothing but practice and got the legit time down to a 1:19:8xx with the settings you have mentioned. I also set the steering in the GT6 options menu to simulation. Do you think they will have it set on that in GTS? It was set onto Arcade steering before and I do not know how much of a difference it would make. VERY happy with my times now. If I can hit a 1:20:0xx within 4 laps I would be content I feel.

I'm actually thinking about going to Sydney next weekend to try and get the qualifying over and done with before it hits the gold coast as no doubt people have been practicing like crazy.

I just realised that when I posted the 1:19:4xx time I hadn't realised I accidentally got the engine rebuilt from a long time previously!! So that lap was invalidated immediately. Have since just sold and bought it again and done nothing but practice and got the legit time down to a 1:19:8xx with the settings you have mentioned. I also set the steering in the GT6 options menu to simulation. Do you think they will have it set on that in GTS? It was set onto Arcade steering before and I do not know how much of a difference it would make. VERY happy with my times now. If I can hit a 1:20:0xx within 4 laps I would be content I feel.

I'm actually thinking about going to Sydney next weekend to try and get the qualifying over and done with before it hits the gold coast as no doubt people have been practicing like crazy.

I don't know about the Arcade/Simulation setting. My thought is they just used whatever is default. If they used arcade that would explain why the T300 felt really bad. Probably they turned Power Steering on as well.

Yeah i just posted a 1:19.8xxxx with all the settings change to what people are saying so I'm pretty confident i can make nation final just gotta be on the pace on 4 laps haha

If you're in the area, good luck. Might be a bit emptier than Staurday and Sunday.
http://www.supercars.com/news/championship/free-friday-at-sydney-motorsport-park/

Head to Sydney Motorsport Park on Friday and see five motorsport categories on track for free throughout the day.

The Virgin Australia Supercars Championship hits the circuit for two hour-long sessions, and will be joined by Porsche Australia and Asia, the GT Championship and the Toyota 86 series for the Red Rooster Sydney Motorsport Park SuperSprint.

The 26 Supercars will push through crucial running time before the weekend’s racing, some teams throwing their additional drivers in for the last opportunity at a meeting before Sandown kicks off the long-distance races next month.

Expect Pirtek Enduro Cup co-drivers to suit up for other categories too, with Todd Kelly’s co-driver Matt Campbell leading the Carrera Cup pointscore; and Dean Canto, who will steer with Mark Winterbottom, tackling the Toyota 86s.

The GTs will qualify for Saturday morning’s 101-lap enduro – look out for TV personality Grant Denyer who recently challenged the Supercars stars on the buzzer for All Star Family Feud. It’s a stunning field of big-name makes, with Audi, Ferrari, Aston Martin and Lamborghini contesting the event.

The mad dash will be on for Porsche Asia also, with international stars qualifying on their first day at the circuit.

The Auto Show will be displayed near the grandstand, with fans able to browse a huge display of cars and bikes, with private owners showing off unique vehicles from around the country.

Head to merchandise alley for all the latest team gear, and you never know who you will spot in the pit lane paddock on practice day, with drivers often able to stop for a quick photo or autograph.

Don't know how many people will be off work(I may be one of them ;) ) and out of school Friday. I wouldn't think many.

So, being on a Holiday/Working Visa in Australia from America, I'm guessing I won't be able to compete for GTA Australia? Anyone know any GTA qualifying loopholes :lol:

So, being on a Holiday/Working Visa in Australia from America, I'm guessing I won't be able to compete for GTA Australia? Anyone know any GTA qualifying loopholes :lol:
From America? you mean: Belice?, Mexico?, Chile?, Peru?, US?, Ecuador?

Does anyone know the deal with entry on Friday.
Is it free???
The ticketek and Supercar website webiste says this:
For 2016 only, Fans have free Trackside entry on Friday to watch all the racing action.

I have a funny feeling the word "Fan" will means some sort of membership is required.

So do you need tickets or just show up at the gate?

Cool.
I was aiming for about 8 to 8:30 as well.
I'm not really interested in the Super cars, but I am interested in talking to some of the 86 guys about running costs.
Doesn't look to expensive but I'm sure there are hidden costs. Buying the cars is the main cost by the looks of it.
I definitely would like to know more about storing and transporting the car as the Toyota website doesn't really go that far in explaining everything. I believe this is where a control series can come undone, as I'm sure if you keep the car at home, there would be some people who start changing things they are not supposed to.
Ex GT Academy 2014 finalist, Dylan is in the series as well.
I'm very curious as to what times they can achieve out of these as I just ran last weekend in the NSW Sprint series in my MX-5 which has less Mod's than these things.

The 86 series is a good thing here. Good luck.

Depending on the crowd, doubt I'll be there all day. I'll report as much as I can

GT Academy trials start at 9am. There are only 3 out of 4 rigs working right now.

Located behind the agrandstands.
nKQ0MKmh.jpg

Edit: They set up the remainjng rig. That makes ALL 4 available.

The track is Tokyo Express Way. Using the Schulze R34 GT3.

Edit: My total 2 laps was 2:49:249
I believe a player ahead of me got a 2:18.000
I'm about to do a qualifying lap.

My qualifying lap was was an initial 1:20.353
I dropped it to a 1:19. Then, my best was a 1:17.3. Done for the day.

One of the participants did a 1:13.

To my understanding, Brands Hatch was used in Melbourne. The track may change again at The Gold Coast event.
Good luck to those participating.

Last edited:
So I was there on Friday and most of us where in the low 1'10's. I got a 1'10.490.
Where does Nissan/GT Academy post the results as I know I was around 5th place on Friday just by all of us discussing the imaginary leader board.

What did the rep say regarding notifications of results? Who came out on top in Melbourne?
I can only think FaceBook may be the best way to tell who advanced.

The rep on the day said results would be known by Monday.
Facebook doesn't have anything yet.
Do they contact the winners directly???

The rep on the day said results would be known by Monday.
Facebook doesn't have anything yet.
Do they contact the winners directly???

Yea he said that he would ring them monday morning sometime. At least that is what he told me on Friday. Perhaps some others came along on Saturday and blew us out of the water ahahhaha

Back